Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bring it 2012!!!

Hi again!  Sorry I've been slacking a little and haven't had an update in a while.  The only thing new is that we took Heidi's stitches out!  Everything is still going great and we are currently 2 and a half weeks post-op!  We actually took Heidi's stitches out the day after my last post.  My homemade bandage didn't stay on for long and she wouldn't leave them alone, so I figured if they were that uncomfortable it must mean it was time for them to come out.  I had Alex hold her down on the ground and I slowly clipped each stitch and pulled them out (there were 10 total).  Other than that we're just flowing along slowly in this long recovery process.  Heidi still walks with a bit of a limp, but I think it's getting better.  Honestly, it's kinda hard to tell though because I see her all the time.

Heidi hates being "restricted" and is more and more defiant every day.  I swear, she doesn't listen to a thing I tell her to do anymore... unless of course there's food involved.  She's always been VERY food motivated.  I talked to the vet about increasing her trazodone.  She's entirely too crazy if you ask me.  They said that can absolutely be done safely and will be getting back to me about the dose.  So I'll let you know how much they increase it by. 

Oh and one other funny thing.  The other day my mom came by our place to check up on her granddog.  You would've thought I was abusing the poor dog.  As soon as she got her excitement under control (she loves her grandma!) she laid in my mom's lap on the floor and got the SADDEST expression on her face.  She really looked so pitiful and my mom ate it up.  Heidi got more belly rubs and love than ever.  My dog's no dummy!  Welp, that's all I've got... except of course a few pics!
Stitches are OUT!

cutie pie

No comments:

Post a Comment