Friday, July 20, 2012

6 Days Post-op

I just wanted to update very quickly before going to bed.  No major changes for Miss Heidi in the last few days.  She is still doing very well.  One thing to note, I haven't noticed nearly as much swelling as with the last surgery.  Some of you may remember her "jiggly cankle" as I liked to call it.  There has been almost no jiggly swelling this time.  Maybe it's because the surgery was slightly less invasive?  Who knows.  I have noticed it's much easier for her to get up and down.  The first couple of days, just laying down from standing and standing from laying down was quite the task.  Lots of funky positioning and balancing.  Now, she uses her operative leg much more making her more stable.  She also seems to be walking with slightly less of a limp, although it's hard to judge because I see her daily.  We ended her main pain medicine, tramadol, a couple of days back and got to increase the trazodone (her "calming" drug), but she's MUCH more active.  She is a maniac when I get home from work.  Forget tail wagging... it's more like full body wagging... for like 5 whole minutes.  But I sit down with her and we snuggle and she gets it all out!  Not gonna lie, that's probably my favorite part of the day.  Makes you feel good to be soooo missed!  Other than that, not much to report, thank goodness!  I'm going to take her out one last time then hit the sack.  Oh and tomorrow is Friday, so you know it's gotta be a good day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment