Sunday, July 29, 2012

It's been 2 weeks

Just laying in Mom's lap
Well, we're a little past 2 weeks post-op at this point, and things are still going great.  Nothing much to report, but I do want to say Heidi is still limping.  I think it's getting better but I see her every day so it's hard to tell.  It's definitely better than when she first came home, though.  So I think slowly it is getting better.  I was starting to freak out a little (as I knew I would) because she still had a pretty noticeable limp, but I looked back in my posts from last time, and found that at 2 and a half weeks post-op I reported that she still had a bit of a limp, so I think we're on track.  Made me feel a lot better at least!  Oh, I did take out her stitches this past Wednesday.  Everything looked good and her incision seems to be healing nicely.  She was a little more difficult this time, but I put Alex at her head with a spoonful of peanut butter, while I clipped and pulled out the stitches and that worked like a charm. 

Well we're halfway through the first 4 weeks which is fabulous!  Heidi is pretty antsy at times, but she's been a good girl.  Her grandparents came to visit her yesterday and she was SO thrilled!  As I've probably mentioned before, they are her favorite people.  And I guess that's all I've got!  Except for a few pictures, of course!


Family snuggle time!
Dad bought her a new bone


Playing dress-up in Mom's necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment