Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Quick Update

In the time between now and the last post, I made an appointment for Heidi on September 4th at the NCSU Vet School. I had to take Heidi to our local vet a couple of weeks ago because she began getting a swollen, red lump on her incision line just like last time. It was lower on the incision line than before, but they did a culture and it was infected. She was on antibiotics and it cleared up quickly, but the vet we spoke with at NC State is afraid these abscesses are being caused by an infection on the inside. I hope and pray they're wrong. Before that, though, as I posted before she was having the lameness and clicking associated with a meniscal tear, so strangely enough, that is what I'm hoping for. If it is indeed an infection of the implant, they will have to remove the remaining hardware, which is a porous titanium wedge (that her bone has now grown INTO). I don't really know what they do then to stabilize the knee/leg and apparently the recovery is AWFUL. So yeah, I'm really hoping that's not it. Well, I just wanted to do a follow-up post to let you know the latest, and you can expect another post in the near future in regards to her appointment on the 4th! Until then, send happy thoughts our way!

No comments:

Post a Comment